Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church is a parish of the Australia and New Zealand Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR). We are the only Orthodox Christian parish in Greater Brisbane dedicated to worshipping in the English language, and were the first such parish in Australia.
Our rector (parish priest) is Fr Alexander Borodin. We are an Orthodox Christian congregation living the ancient, biblical faith of the New Testament Church; a part of the same Church that was founded by Christ, preached by His apostles, and carried on by their successors, through the centuries, to us today.
The faith we live is the faith of the New Testament Church, devoting ourselves “to the apostles teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to the prayers” (Acts 2:42). We are immersed in the Bible, in liturgical worship and sacraments, because (as history confirms) the New Testament Church was immersed in these. We believe that Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, sent to die for our sins, raise us to eternal life and unite us with His Father in heaven. We believe that knowing about God is not enough – rather, you must have a relationship with Him. We believe that sacraments are not just symbolic, but the communication of God’s love to us.
This is the present day experience of New Testament Christianity. We invite visitors and those who are interested in the original Christian faith to find their spiritual home here.
Come and experience the Church that Christ founded!
- Vigil service on Saturday evening, 6-8:20pm; and,
- Divine Liturgy on Sunday morning, 8:30-10:30am.
- Open for private prayer most Wednesdays between 12 noon and 2 pm (contact us to confirm).
- Please see our Current Schedule of Services.
- All services are in English. At our parish we have members born here and around the world – from Australia to New Zealand, from China to Russia, from the United States to the British Isles and beyond. All welcome!
Find us at: 163 Park Rd, Woolloongabba