Fr Andrew was born and raised in Brisbane. While he was in high school, he embarked on a search for truth and for God’s religion, and after much study into various religions and philosophies, he ultimately stumbled onto Orthodox Christianity. After further research and prayer, he was received into the Church in 2002.
Fr Andrew graduated from degrees in Philosophy & Ethics, Education, and Human Resource Management. He was ordained to the diaconate in February 2012 and to the priesthood in May 2014, serving at Holy Annunciation for many years before he was appointed Parish Priest (‘Rector’) in August 2017. He also serves as the Parish Priest for St John’s Orthodox Mission, Toowoomba, the only active Orthodox presence on the Darling Downs.
In addition to the pastoral work and sacramental duties that come with being a parish priest, Fr Andrew is actively involved in parish education, running the parish Bible Study and catechism classes. He wrote two books, ‘Discover the Church: The Whats and Whys of Orthodox Christianity’ (2012) and ‘Every Day the Lord Added’ (2013), to support this work.
Matters that Fr Andrew is available for include:
- Birth of a Child: Prayers at birth, Naming prayers (8th day), and Churching prayers (40th day)
- Home: Blessing of a House (new or existing) and the Blessing of a Vehicle (incl. cars, boats, ships, planes, or bikes)
- Farms and Animals: Prayers for bad weather, seed-sowing, removing insects from fields, barns, herds or flocks, vineyards, wells, bees, beehives, and for finding water
- Items: Prayers for Wine, Salt, and Fishnets
- Illness and Housebound: Prayers for the Sick, Home Unction, and Communion of the Sick
- Death: Blessing a grave, Blessing a tombstone or grave-cross, Prayer at the time of death, and Memorial services (‘Panikhida‘)
- At Church: Blessing icons, and blessing a cross
- Other Prayers: For learning difficulties, for beginning a new task, for travel, and for thanksgiving
- Sacraments: Baptism & Chrismation, Communion, Confession (during Vigil or by appointment), Unction, and Marriage.
- Discussions: Pastoral counselling, and for discussions to do with Orthodox Christianity.
For any of these matters, please contact Fr Andrew directly using the form below.