Attending Services at Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church
Please see below our usual schedule of services:
- Thursdays: 7-8pm Bible Study (on Zoom). Details: Bible Study Link.
- Fridays: 5-6pm Vespers
- Saturdays: 6-8:15pm Vigil
- 7-8:45am Divine Liturgy
- 9-11am Divine Liturgy - this service is live streamed. (Coffee Hour is usually held after this service in the courtyard, all are welcome to attend Coffee Hour).
- 1:30-2pm Daniel & The Three Youths Online Sunday School for ages 5-8 years old. For more information see: Sunday School Link
- Fortnightly Mondays: Matins, 5-6:30pm. See our monthly schedule for details.
- Fortnightly Tuesdays: Divine Liturgy, 7-8:30am. See our monthly schedule for details.
- Most Tuesdays: Q&A for our Catechism Course (on Zoom). Details: 2021-22 Catechism Course.
Please see our monthly schedule of services for other services & events.
Our Church is located at 163 Park Road, Woolloongabba. It is within walking distance of Park Road Train Station & the Boggo Road Busway Station.
There is street parking available as well as limited parking in the church backyard. Entry into the church is via the stairs near the driveway, or via the ramp which is accessible from the backyard parking area.
The bathroom facilities are located underneath the church, please ask our Church Warden if you require directions. Orthodox Christians tend to stand during the service - however, if you are visiting our Church, please feel free to sit down during the service.
Our 7am Divine Liturgy service usually has smaller attendance numbers, while our 9am Divine Liturgy service tends to be near capacity.
Our parishioners have shown their great patience and perseverance as the effects of this pandemic continue to swirl in our world, country and city. Please continue to be patient, prayerful and caring with each other as we continue to work together to get through this pandemic.
The Queensland Chief Health Officer issues Public Health Directions. As a Place of Worship under civil law, we are obligated to follow these Directions as they apply to us. Despite these, we do our very best to care for our parishioners and friends as well as we are able to. While we are subject to density limits, we are nonetheless able to welcome each parishioner to attend the Divine Liturgy each Sunday.
The current Direction requires that indoor venues (including churches) have the ability to use the 'Check In Qld' app for contact tracing purposes. These can be found at any entrance to the church. If a person does not have access to the app, please ask at the Candle Desk where they will be happy to assist.
We live stream our 9am Divine Liturgy service each week, as well as any Feast Day Vigil service. You can watch these via Facebook Live here: Holy Annunciation Live Stream (please note that you don't need a Facebook page to watch the live streamed services).
There are also a number of Orthodox churches in Australia that live stream services:
- Good Shepherd Orthodox Mission (Melbourne - Antiochian Archdiocese). English-language. Sunday, 10am (AEDT), on YouTube (link).
- St Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral (Brisbane). Slavonic-language services. Saturday, 5pm, & Sunday, 8:30am (AEST), on YouTube (link).
- Sts Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Cathedral (Sydney). Slavonic-language services. Saturday, 6pm, & Sunday, 8am (AEDT), on YouTube (link).
- Holy Protection Russian Orthodox Cathedral (Melbourne). Slavonic & English languages. Saturday, 6pm, & Sunday, 9am (AEDT), on YouTube (link).
- Many, many other Orthodox churches around the country on https://orthodoxonline.net.au/, and overseas on http://liveliturgy.com/
Another option for those unable to attend in person is to pray the Readers Services in their home. The Typika service is prayed if one is not able to attend a Divine Liturgy.
- Fr John Whiteford has put together a number of Readers Services, which is recommended.
- The Vespers service (which may be prayed on Saturday evening, omitting the variables if they are not available): http://www.saintjonah.org/services/vespers.htm
- The Typika service (which, in the absence of a Priest, is prayed instead of a Liturgy): http://www.saintjonah.org/services/typica.htm
- The Variables for the Typika service, for Sundays and Great Feasts: http://www.saintjonah.org/typ/
- Earlier this year Fr Andrew put together a crash-course video on putting together the Typika service. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLg7Jrdu7mc
- Prayers for during an Epidemic: Prayers during an Epidemic.
Fr Andrew is available for pastoral support, this can be provided via a large number of social media and messaging platforms, and by appointment. Please contact him directly to arrange.
Keep in contact:
- Weekly E-mail Newsletter,
- Facebook page,
- Instagram page,
- YouTube channel,
- Telegram channel,
- Discord server (contact us for invite URL).