Attending Services at Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church
Please see below our usual schedule of services for 2023:
- Fridays: 5-6pm Vespers
- Saturdays: 6-8:20pm Vigil - the Vigil service is live streamed via our YouTube Channel
- 8:30-10:30am Divine Liturgy (Coffee Hour is usually held after this service in the courtyard, all are welcome to attend Coffee Hour).
- Daniel & The Three Youths Face to Face and Online Sunday School for ages 5-8 years old. For more information see: Sunday School Link
- Mondays: Fortnightly Matins, 5-6:30pm
- Tuesdays: Fortnight Divine Liturgy, 7am-8:30am
- Wednesdays: Prayer Service, 6pm followed by Bible Study at 7-8:30pm
Please see our monthly schedule of services for other services & events.
Our Church is located at 163 Park Road, Woolloongabba. It is within walking distance of Park Road Train Station & the Boggo Road Busway Station.
There is street parking available as well as limited parking in the church backyard. Entry into the church is via the stairs near the driveway, or via the ramp which is accessible from the backyard parking area.
The bathroom facilities are located underneath the church, please ask our Church Warden if you require directions. Orthodox Christians tend to stand during the service - however, if you are visiting our Church, please feel free to sit down during the service.
Live Streamed Service Information:
We live stream our 6pm Saturday Vigil service each week. You can watch these via YouTube Channel
There are also a number of Orthodox churches in Australia that live stream services:
- Good Shepherd Orthodox Mission (Melbourne - Antiochian Archdiocese). English-language. Sunday, 10am (AEDT), on YouTube (link).
- St Nicholas Cathedral (ROCOR, Brisbane). Slavonic-language services. Saturday, 5pm, & Sunday, 8:30am (AEST), on YouTube (link).
- Sts Peter and Paul Orthodox Cathedral (ROCOR, Sydney). Slavonic-language services. Saturday, 6pm, & Sunday, 8am (AEDT), on YouTube (link).
- Holy Protection Orthodox Cathedral (ROCOR, Melbourne). Slavonic & English languages. Saturday, 6pm, & Sunday, 9am (AEDT), on YouTube (link).
- Many, many other Orthodox churches around the country on https://orthodoxonline.net.au/, and overseas on http://liveliturgy.com/
Another option for those unable to attend in person is to pray the Readers Services in their home. The Typika service is prayed if one is not able to attend a Divine Liturgy.
- Fr John Whiteford has put together a number of Readers Services, which is recommended.
- The Vespers service (which may be prayed on Saturday evening, omitting the variables if they are not available): http://www.saintjonah.org/services/vespers.htm
- The Typika service (which, in the absence of a Priest, is prayed instead of a Liturgy): http://www.saintjonah.org/services/typica.htm
- The Variables for the Typika service, for Sundays and Great Feasts: http://www.saintjonah.org/typ/
- Earlier this year Fr Andrew put together a crash-course video on putting together the Typika service. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLg7Jrdu7mc
Fr Andrew is available for pastoral support, this can be provided via a large number of social media and messaging platforms, and by appointment. Please contact him directly to arrange.
Keep in contact:
- Weekly E-mail Newsletter,
- Facebook page,
- Instagram page,
- YouTube channel,
- Telegram channel,
- Discord server (contact us for invite URL).